Thursday, June 26, 2014

Liebster Award!!!


*squeals excitedly*

We got nominated for another blogger award thanks to Athelas over at Red Lettering. Only I will be doing it this time. (Katie)




*Side Note* Liebster means 'dearest' in German. Brownie points to Athelas for figuring that out and letting us know :)











 11. Facts

1. I prefer fruit over vegetables. Blueberries and peaches are my favorite :)

2. I participated in ice skating for three years, quit that, started up gymnastics, did that for three years, and then quit that also. I'm currently not in any sports, unless you count the vigorous movements my hands do when they're writing.

3. Contrary to the rest of my family, I really don't care much for steak. Give me some pizza and French fries and I'll be good to go. :)

4. Every time I eat eggs (Scrambled, fried, hard/soft boiled) I have a stomachache afterwards. I'm not sure if it means I'm allergic, but it's very annoying.

5. I have blue eyes. (I couldn't think of anything else interesting to put down)

6. I'm very picky about my temperatures. I don't like being hot, and I don't like being cold.

7. My favorite superhero is Spiderman. I love the new remakes of them so far. I bawled my eyes out in the second one :(

8. Papa John's cheese pizza = awesomeness.

9. Even though puns can annoy some people... They never fail at cracking me up :)

10. When I was younger my sister and I shared a room and we'd pretend that our beds were a spaceship. Sometimes we'd open the window and blast our fans on high so we could enter "The Cold Zone." We were always freezing by morning. :)

11. I (we) have been blogging for a little more than two months now.

My Answers:

Why did you start blogging? Anna was supposed to create a blog for a school project and asked me if I wanted to do it with her. At the time I was already contemplating making one for myself, so it was a perfect opportunity.

Who are your favorite three fictional characters? That's a really hard yet really good question.
1. Jace from Resistance by Jaye L. Knight. He's so complex and mysterious; I can't wait to see how he develops throughout the rest of the series.
2. Halt from Ranger's Apprentice. He doesn't have very much personality, but he's so skilled at everything. I never thought I'd take a liking to gruffness :)
3. Pollyanna from Pollyanna. That was my favorite book when I was younger; I loved how positive she was about everything.

What is the most beautiful place you’ve ever been?

The Grand Canyon. It is so gorgeous.

If your home was going to burn to the ground and any people and animals were safe, what one thing would you grab?

Probably my computer; that's the only place where my novel is saved.

Do you prefer the sun or the moon?

Sun. I like to call myself a cat, for whenever there is a patch of sun in the house.... I'll be sitting there :)

Do you have a favorite Bible verse?

It's really hard to choose one... But I like Proverbs 16:24 "Pleasant words are a honeycomb. Sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." It reminds me to be kind to those around me, especially my family members.

Do you speak any second languages?

I'm working on learning German or Deutsch. I'd rather learn Elvish :)

What makes you cry in fiction? (Do you cry at fiction?)

Tragic deaths of characters that were important to the story. Don't you even dare torture me with that.

Who is your favorite historical figure?

I really don't have one... Sorry.

(Just as a random question…) Describe your floor.

My bedroom floor? White carpet that's not very soft, and has some one stain from.... erm... a stomach issue when I was little :)

What is the skill you’re the most proud of?

I suppose that I've come a long ways in my novel Faith. I am planning on finishing it by the end of July!!!

Bloggers I Tag:

1. Kiri Liz from Lianne Taimenlore
2. Brittney Johnson from Daughter of the King
3. Rcubed from Random Rants By Rcubed
4. His Princess from Growin' Up Country
5. Abrielle Lindsay from Indonesia Around Me
6. Elise from Entertaining Reads

All the other bloggers that I know of have done this award in the past week. I can only come up with six :(

Questions for my Tagged Bloggers:

What's your best memory? Why?
What book are you currently reading?
Would you rather bathe in a pool of ketchup or mustard?
How do you like to relax?
Favorite childhood toy?
What genre do you like to write?
What's the best writing advice you've ever heard?
Besides writing, what do you do in your free time?
What are your wall colors? (I want to do a random question like Athelas :)
Favorite Bible verse?
Why do you write?

Thanks for reading!

- Katie


























1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Katie! I've already done it.

    http://iamhisprincess4ever.blogspot.com/2014/06/liebster-award.html

    HP

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear your thoughts on our post! Please comment below and make sure to check back for our reply :) Thank you!