Saturday, July 26, 2014

Updates... On Everything


Hello! *waves to readers*

There's a lot that has been happening lately, so I'm going to bunch all the news into one post.


1. Vacation!

Every year, Anna and I go up north with the whole family to a small resort on a lake. There were 25 of us this year. We had boatloads of fun tubing, jets-skiing, playing games, chatting, eating, swimming, midnight swims, having long nights around the campfire, finishing, and creating wonderful memories.



Our annual, "Everyone jump off the dock together!" I think we got 15 up on there :)



We fish. A lot. We caught 103 fish between us five younger cousins.


The lake is just gorgeous up there. Especially at night, when the sun is setting in the picture above. 

2. Camp NaNoWriMo

Katie: I have completed my goal! I hit 31,000 words in the month of July, which is 6,000 more words than my goal was :) I'm officially a Camp NaNoWriMo winner, which is super exciting :D

3. KATIE FINISHED HER NOVEL, FAITH!

Yup. You read that correctly. *dances around* I, Katie, as of Friday, July 25th, have finished Faith with a total of 73,809 words. This is the first novel that I've finished, and is a huge accomplishment. It took me 193 days, and few weeks break, it will be time to start editing! I am so excited about this; a huge thank you to those who have been encouraging me throughout his journey!

4. Blogger Button

We're trying to figure out a blogger button for our blog, but just can't quite decide on the design. We need your help! Below are two possible buttons. Decide which one you like the best, and vote for your favorite by using the poll in the upper right hand corner of our blog!

#1


#2
 
 
 

 
 
*Just Added* #3
After getting a comment with their helpful input, I decided to make another one. I am really happy with this one. For those of you who already voted, don't worry! You can change your vote if you like this new one better.
 

 
 
 
Go vote! *gently pushes reader towards the poll* If you have any suggestions, improvements, ideas, or anything else we could do, please comment! Thank you so much for taking the time to read our blog, it means a lot to us :) 
 
Phew! That was a long list of updates, but I think I've covered everything. I hope you have an absolutely fantastic week! 
 
Byeeee!
- Katie and Anna

4 comments:

  1. I like the one with color but I think the laptop suits you better?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting. I decided to make up a new one that had both combined, color and writing. Your feedback helped me a lot!
      - Katie

      Delete
  2. I liked the first one - it is very eye catching. And...I just think books are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that one too, though it is hard to choose a favorite between that one and the typewriter

      And, yes. Books are positively awesome :) You can never get enough of books! :D
      - Katie

      Delete

We'd love to hear your thoughts on our post! Please comment below and make sure to check back for our reply :) Thank you!