Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Actually Finishing Something in July - Week Three

 
 
 
 
Week Three Questions


Were you able to meet your goal this week?

Oh yes, by a lot. I'm supposed to be at 12,000... But I've made it to 18,300 and counting. (That is, today)

Where did you get the bulk of your writing accomplished? In the quiet of your room, outside on the patio, on the bus?

In my room, I hardly ever do my writing anywhere else.

Share a couple of your favorite snippets!

 
 
Finis looked towards the ground, “You’re going to regret this decision.”
The General smirked, “And you’re going to regret yours."

------
“Don’t miss,” Ruvyn warned as she pointed the bow behind her, finding her target.
Alynn's eyes flickered to his, confidence portraying in them, “Have I ever before?”
 
------
 
I have a couple other favorite snippets of mine... But unfortunately I can't share them because of spoilers, just in case you've been keeping up with my story snippets.
 
 
Have you introduced a new character into your story? Tell us about his or her personality. 
 
I actually haven't introduced a new character, at least not recently.

List the favorite foods of your main characters.
 
*sigh* I suppose this is one of these things I should just know about my character... But I don't. One of my main characters, Enna, will eat practically anything, but she especially likes sweets.

Introduce us to the antagonist in your story and tell us about one of his or her quirks.
 
I actually have two different antagonists... Though this one below is the main one in Faith. In Faith's sequel I plan to have my two antagonists connect more.

Me: Today I welcome: My antagonist.
Antagonist: *scowls, stares at the readers suspiciously*
Me: *nervous expression* How are you today?
Antagonist: *raises chin* Who are... you?
Me: *weak smile* I'm, ah, Katie. I wanted to introduce you to some of my readers.
Antagonist: *narrows eyes* Don't waste my time, girl. Guards, see off with her. I have more important things to do with my time.

Yeah... He's not the most personable fellow. His main drive for power is because of jealousy. You'll get to know more of his backstory once I finish my story and get it for ya'll to read.


That's all for week three! My, how the weeks are going by fast. I want to give a huge thanks to Katie at Whisperings of the Pen for hosting this fun challenge! Remember, it's not too late to join in if you want.

- Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear your thoughts on our post! Please comment below and make sure to check back for our reply :) Thank you!